Visa Electron payWave is a new generation bank card improved by innovative functionality for making contactless transactions.
With Visa Electron payWave you have the chance to make contactless payments when:
- You are in a hurry and you make small amount purchases;
- You want to have the exact amount for payment without looking for coins or waiting for the change;
- You want to control your every day payments that you normally make in cash in order to manage more easily accurately your personal finances.
How to pay using Visa Electron payWave?
With Visa Electron payWave you continue making payments and withdraw money in the familiar way from all POS and АТМ terminals in Bulgaria and abroad. In addition, on each POS terminal labeled with payWave logo, you have the chance to effect immediate payments of minimal amounts without inserting the card in the POS terminal.
When you wish to make payment using your Visa Electron payWave on payWave terminal, you only have to waive the card near the reading device until you hear the long beep signal. This means that your payment was effected successfully.
Each payment with your Visa Electron payWave on payWave terminal at minimal amount shall be effected immediately without entering a PIN code. If you are registered for SMS notifications, you may not receive SMS for part of the transactions below minimal amount as it is possible such transactions to be effected without connecting to the bank authorization center.
Each payment with your Visa Electron payWave on payWave terminal at amount exceeding minimal amount shall be also effected contactless and much faster than before by entering a PIN code. If you are registered for SMS notifications, you shall receive SMS for all transactions minimal amount made on payWave terminal.
How to feel safe with Visa Electron payWave?
In order to ensure safety and peace of mind when making payments with Visa Electron payWave, we recommend the following:
- Carefully put the card near the reading device;
- When making a payment the Visa Electron payWave card remains solely in your hands and it is not necessary to give your card to the shop assistant;
- Check the amount stated on the receipt from the POS terminal.
Which establishments accept Visa Electron payWave payments?
With Visa Electron payWave you may effect payments at any location in Bulgaria and abroad on POS terminals equipped with this function. Usually these are cafes, fast food restaurants, gas stations and anywhere you spot the payWave logo.
The conditions we offer:
|Account currency||BGN, EUR, USD, CHF, GBP|
|Card Account Maintenance||As per Fibank`s Tariff
|Minimum blocked account balance||Not required|
|Card Account Interest||As per Interest Rates Bulletin of Fibank|
|Cash withdrawal from ATM:||As per Fibank`s Tariff
|As per Fibank`s Tariff
|Payment at POS terminal:|
|Free of charge
|As per Fibank`s Tariff
You can apply for Visa Electron payWave debit card in one of the following manners:
- Visit a Fibank branch and fill in debit card issuance application. The only requirement is to present your identification document;
- Call 0 800 11 011, to make request for debit card issuance.
After your application is processed you will receive your Visa Electron payWave debit card within 5 workdays at the bank branch you have chosen.
Renewal of Visa Electron payWave debit card:
On the face of your card, you can see an embossed numerical indication showing its term of validity, using the following format: VALID 04/20 THRU
The first two digits indicate the month, and third and fourth digit indicate the year. Thus in the above example the card is valid until the end of April 2020.
After its term of validity has expired, it can be automatically renewed and available by the 20th day of the month of expiry of the old card at the bank branch where the Issuance Application was submitted.
If your card gets stolen or lost, if you forget your PIN or if any other reason necessitates the card reissuance, you will have to visit a Fibank branch and present an identity document. Fibank`s official will offer cooperation in resolving any matter on which you might need any assistance.
- General Terms and Conditions for opening and maintenance of bank accounts and provision of payment services 681.10 KB
- Glossary of the terms used in the General Terms and Conditions for opening and maintenance of bank accounts and provision of payment services of First Investment Bank AD 171.90 KB
- Level of Limits for Debit Cards 531.85 KB
Tariff of Fees and Commissions (TARIFF) of First Investment Bank
0800 11 011
free of charge only for subscribers for VIVACOM fixed services (via fixed telephones only)
+359 2 818 0006 and +359 2 818 0007
accessible outside Bulgaria
in case of lost or stolen
debit or credit card:
- (+ 359 2) 81 71 143
- (+ 359 2) 81 71 142
- (+ 359) 888 68 10 10
- 0800 12 012 (accessible 24 hours a day, in Bulgaria)
only for subscribers for VIVACOM fixed services (free of charge)