Your education is in your hands!
Student loan under the Student and PhD Students Loans Act
The student loan is intended to finance students and PhD students for the whole or part of the education period.
Fibank provides the following types of loans with government financial support for the whole or part of the education period according to the curriculum:
- Loan for the payment of the tuition fees of a student or PhD student;
- Support loan.
The borrower may apply for one or for both of the loans.
|grace period||From the signing of the loan agreement until the expiry of one year from the first date of the last state exam or thesis presentation according to the curriculum, respectively from the date when the doctorate's term expires. During the grace period, the Bank accrues interest on the utilized portion of the principal, which is capitalized annually. During the allowed grace period, you do not pay the due interest and the principal on the loan.|
|annual interest rate
|method of payment||equal monthly (annuity) instalments, after the expiration of the grace period according to a repayment schedule prepared on the last day of the grace period.|
|fee for application review and examination of documents||
|management fee||not due|
|early repayment fee||
|commitment fee||not due|
For a student loan, in addition to the law on student and PhD student loans, you may apply for additional collateral - a third party guarantee, which guarantees the payment of your loan with its income. More information...
When applying for a loan the student/PhD student should have:
- Bulgarian citizenship, citizenship of another Member State of the European Union, another state of the European Economic Area (Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway) or the Swiss Confederation;
- not reached the age of 35;
- Bachelor's degree (bachelor's degree or professional bachelor's degree) or master's degree or a PhD degree in a state or private higher education institution or a scientific organization established and functioning under Art. 47 (1) of the Law on Higher Education (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Agricultural Academy, National Centres for Public Health and Other Scientific Organizations);
- not acquired the same educational-qualification or educational and scientific degree;
- not been suspended and have not terminated his/her training except in the following cases: interruption due to sickness, maternity within the meaning of the Social Security Code or for study in another higher school or scientific organization;
- no other loan commitments that have not been serviced for more than 6 months.
In case that you meet these requirements and want to apply for Fibank loan, you need to:
- In a selected branch of Fibank, fill in the "Loan Application" and attach to it the documents specified in the form or further requested by the loan expert;
- Fee Information Document 499.11 KB
0800 11 011
free of charge only for subscribers for VIVACOM fixed services (via fixed telephones only)
+359 2 818 0006 and +359 2 818 0007
accessible outside Bulgaria