First Investment Bank (Fibank) is the biggest bank with Bulgarian capital which is developing and strengthening its position as a financial group with main business in the Republic of Bulgaria and regional presence through foreign operations in Cyprus and Albania.
Fibank is an innovative and customer-oriented credit institution that offers a diverse range of products and services for individual and corporate clients. With experience in corporate banking and broad presence in the market of retail banking, First Investment Bank is among the leading institutions in the country in card business and international payments. Fibank is preferred bank for savings of the population, which offers a high quality of customer service in accordance with the best banking practices. Fibank is among the pioneers in the business with investment gold and other precious metals with unique for the Bulgarian market products and services. First Investment Bank offers its customers advanced solutions and modern banking.
First Investment Bank is a joint-stock company, registered with Sofia City Court pursuant to a ruling dated 8 October 1993. Since 28 February 2008 the Bank has been registered in the Commercial Register at the Registry Agency.
First Investment Bank is a public company registered in the Commercial Register of Sofia City Court with a decision dated 4 June 2007 and in the register of public companies and other issuers held by the Financial Supervision Commission with a decision dated 13 June 2007.
The Bank owns a universal banking licence for domestic and international operations.
First Investment Bank is a licensed primary dealer in government securities and is a registered investment intermediary.
First Investment Bank is a member and participates in the following organizations:
- Association of Banks in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Stock Exchange - Sofia AD
- Central Depository AD
- BORICA - Bankservice AD
- MasterCard International
- VISA International
First Investment Bank is a participant in payment systems and agent of other payment service providers, as follows:
- Bank Integrated System for Electronic Transactions (BISERA)
- Real-Time Gross Settlement System (RINGS)
- Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- Trans-European Automated Real-Time Gross Settlement Express Transfer System (TARGET2)
- Bank Organization for servicing Payments by Bank Cards (BORICA)
- Express-M Agent
- EasyPay Agent
First Investment Bank is:
- Among the leading banks in the cards business
- Among the leading banks in international settlements and trade financing
- Third in deposits of individuals and households
- Fourth in assets
- Second in corporate lending
- 8.80% of banks’ assets in Bulgaria
- 12.40% of corporate lending
- 6.80% of mortgage lending
- 11.8% of deposits from individuals
Note: The market positions and shares are based on unconsolidated data by the BNB as of June 2019.
Most Recent Presentation / 2019
- Fibank Presentation 2019 2.19 MB