V PAY is an international debit card that provides greater safety and security of your payments, which are guaranteed by the new international standard for safety of payment cards – this new technology "Chip and PIN”, introduced across Europe.
V PAY debit card shall be issued without requirement of irreducible balance and they can perform transactions on ATM or POS terminal device with introduced EMV (chip) standard.
Operations you can perform via V PAY card are:
- shopping and payments in restaurants, hotels, shops and other commercial outlets in Bulgaria and abroad;
- withdraw money from an ATM anywhere in Bulgaria and Europe, where the EMV (chip) standard is introduced;
- to complete transactions;
- to issue additional debit cards to the primary one.
- V PAY is a product developed entirely for the European market. For payment and withdrawal outside Europe use other card products of First Investment Bank.
- Currently, V PAY debit cards could not be used for online payments.
Why V PAY?
V PAY cards are adopted across Europe by over 5 million POS terminals and ATM 265 000, as business establishments receiving this type of cards is constantly increasing.
V PAY card contains information about the cardholder and the card only on the chip. It has no information saved in the magnetic tape on the back of the card that can be copied or falsified. Thus, by using only the latest technology "Chip and PIN” is reached double protection for the card: the chip protects all data and excludes the possibility of unauthorized access to resources, as the identification through PIN when drawing money or making payment to traders reduces the risk of fraud to a minimum.
V PAY cards may be used in all retail outlets and ATMs across Europe and everywhere they always take the same safely.
Why choose V PAY debit card by First Investment Bank?
- Security of transactions - no data on magnetic tape;
- Free issue and maintenance of the card;
- No fee on payment of POS terminal in Bulgaria;
- Opportunity to select the currency of your card account - you can select the currency of your account depending on the currency of your income or the area of your travel;
- Possibility to use the V PAY as credit card - if you receive your monthly income to account with V PAY card, FIB can grant overdraft facilities up to 5 of your net wages. This will allow you to use the amount as loan from the Bank against only collateral - your future income.
Parameters of the card:
BGN, EUR, USD, GBP, CHF
Term of validity
Interest rate on card account
Type of cards
First Investment Bank issues V PAY Debit Card with chip technology FREE OF CHARGE.
You can apply for card issuance in one of the following manners:
- Visit a Fibank branch and fill in “Debit Card Issuance Application”. The only requirement is for you to present an identification document;
- Call *bank (*2265), to make request for International debit card with chip issuance.
After your Debit Card Issuance Application is processed you will receive your debit card within 5 working days at the bank branch you have chosen in advance.
Renewal of V PAY Debit Card:
The term of validity of V PAY Debit Card is 5 years.
On the face of your card, you can see an embossed numerical indication showing its term of validity, using the following format: VALID 04/20 THRU
The first two digits indicate the month, and third and fourth digit indicate the year. Thus in the above example the card is valid until the end of April 2020.
After its term of validity has expired, it can be automatically renewed and available by the 20th day of the month of expiry of the old card, at the bank branch where the Issuance Application was submitted.
If your card gets stolen or lost, if you forget your PIN or if any other reason necessitates the card reissuance, you will have to visit a Fibank branch and present an identity document. Fibank`s official will offer cooperation in resolving any matter on which you might need any assistance.
- General Terms and Conditions for opening and maintenance of bank accounts and provision of payment services 681.10 KB
- Glossary of the terms used in the General Terms and Conditions for opening and maintenance of bank accounts and provision of payment services of First Investment Bank AD 185.86 KB
- Level of Limits for Debit Cards 531.85 KB
- Debit Card Application Form 342.48 KB
- Additional Debit Card Application Form 342.48 KB
Tariff of Fees and Commissions (TARIFF) of First Investment Bank
0800 11 011
free of charge only for subscribers for VIVACOM fixed services (via fixed telephones only)
+359 2 818 0006 and +359 2 818 0007
accessible outside Bulgaria
in case of lost or stolen
debit or credit card:
- (+ 359 2) 81 71 143
- (+ 359 2) 81 71 142
- (+ 359) 888 68 10 10
- 0800 12 012 (accessible 24 hours a day, in Bulgaria)
only for subscribers for VIVACOM fixed services (free of charge)